Unit 3 – Week 3
Week 3: armature for head, clay sculpt head and mask, plaster molds for mask and head.
Plaster is on the agenda. Plaster is very cheap. It’s all about grain size. The larger the grain the cheaper. The cheapest is used for pottery, medium for molds, and expensive for high strength. The strongest can sometimes be mixed with resins.
- Use cold water. Hot water causes it to set faster.
- Mix it in loosely
- Add plaster to the water until your hand is white with just a bit of pink showing through
- the plaster should not immediately sink when you pour it in, then you are close to having added enough.
- Don’t add any after it starts thickening
- Tap the plaster to get the bubbles out